Coronavirus related special procedures
Updated on 12/10/2021
The “emergency epidemic situation” in Bulgaria has been extended until 30 November 2021.
According to the provisions of the ordinance РД-01-733/27.08.2021 of the Minister of health (amended with ordinance РД-01-767/10.09.2021, ordinance РД-01-794/24.09.2021 and with ordinance РД-01-820/08.10.2021) on entering the territory of the Republic of Bulgaria, valid from 1.09.2021 to 30.11.2021, the drivers performing international road transport operations (both of passengers and goods) and the stewards engaged in the international road transport of passengers remain exempted from the requirement for presenting COVID-19 tests or vaccination certificates.
The use of facial mask for single or repeated use, is still mandatory in all closed public places (except eating and drinking establishments) and in open public places, where it is impossible to keep a physical distance of 1.5 m.
DRIVING RESTRICTIONS ON 3, 6 AND 12 SEPTEMBER 2021
Due to the upcoming holidays and expected heavy traffic Bulgarian Road Infrastructure Agency introduced a driving ban for all goods vehicles with permissible total laden weight of over 12 t:
- on 3 September (Friday) 2021 on the following road sections:
· Trakia Motorway, the section Sofia - Plovdiv (Plovdiv North junction, km 126 + 281), in the direction to Plovdiv - from 18.00 to 21.00;
· Hemus Motorway, the section Sofia (km 0 + 000) - junction to the roundabout with road I-4 (km 87 + 800) in the direction to Varna - from 18.00 to 21.00;
· Road I-1, the section Blagoevgrad - Kresna in both directions - from 18.00 to 21.00.
- on 6 September 2021 and on 12 September 2021 on the following road sections:
· Trakia Motorway, the section Plovdiv (Plovdiv North junction, km 126 + 281) - Sofia, in the direction Sofia - from 16.00 to 20.00;
· Hemus Motorway, the section roundabout with road I-4 (km 87 + 800) – Sofia in the direction Sofia - from 16.00 to 20.00;
· Road I-1, the section Blagoevgrad - Kresna in both directions - from 16.00 to 20.00.
The driving restriction does not apply to motor vehicles transporting perishable foodstuffs and goods under temperature regime, livestock and dangerous goods (ADR).
There are also road sections that are temporarily closed or restricted for certain categories of trucks because of road construction or maintenance works, or bad weather conditions. All such sections are signposted. Please, advice your transport operators to pay attention to road signs because entering a temporarily forbidden road section is considered as serious infringement and is sanctioned with:
- a fine of 300 BGN;
- driving licence withdrawal for 1 month.
TOLL SYSTEM IN BULGARIA
List of the self-service terminals
DRIVING RESTRICTIONS FOR 2020
Protest of Bulgarian international road hauliers in Brussels
On 10th of January 2019 г. the international road hauliers from Bulgaria, Croatia, Hungary, Lithuania, Poland, Romania and Slovenia protest in Brussels against the Mobility package I - Joint Declaration.
AEBTRI is the national guarantee association concerning the TIR system in Bulgaria. AEBTRI is a non-profitmaking organisation whose members include companies and establishments which are directly or indirectly concerned with road transport of passengers and goods.
The Association is involved in representing and supporting its members, securing their interests at national and international levels. AEBTRI enjoys a full membership status in the International Road Transport Union (IRU).
The Association is registered as an agent for representation of foreign persons according to the Bulgarian ordinances for reimbursement of paid VAT.
Letter to Siim Kallas, vice-president of EC and commissiner for transport concerning the measures against spending the regular weekly rest on board of vehicles.