Coronavirus related special procedures
Updated on 01/12/2021
The "emergency epidemic situation" in Bulgaria has been extended until 31 March 2022.
According to the provisions of the ordinance РД-01-977/26.11.2021 of the Minister of health on entering the territory of the Republic of Bulgaria, valid from 1.12.2021 to 31.03.2022, the drivers performing international road transport operations (both of passengers and goods) and the stewards engaged in the international road transport of passengers remain exempted from the requirement of presenting COVID-19 tests or EU digital COVID certificate if they arrive from countries other than the Republic of Mozambique, the Republic of Botswana, the Republic of South Africa, Lesotho, Eswatini, the Republic of Namibia and the Republic of Zimbabwe.
All visitors over the age of 18 to indoor public spaces, including restaurants, cafes, cinemas, gyms, shopping malls, hotels, concert halls, museums, gyms, and swimming pools must present a valid digital or paper COVID-19 certificate showing they have been fully vaccinated, have recently recovered from COVID-19 or have had a negative result of a PCR (no older than 72 hours) or antigen (no older than 48 hours) test. Grocery stores, pharmacies, banks, insurance companies, providers of telecom, postal and payment services remain open.
The use of facial mask for single or repeated use, is still mandatory in all closed public places (except eating and drinking establishments) and in open public places, where it is impossible to keep a physical distance of 1.5 m.
DRIVING RESTRICTIONS ON 3, 6 AND 12 SEPTEMBER 2021
Due to the upcoming holidays and expected heavy traffic Bulgarian Road Infrastructure Agency introduced a driving ban for all goods vehicles with permissible total laden weight of over 12 t:
- on 3 September (Friday) 2021 on the following road sections:
· Trakia Motorway, the section Sofia - Plovdiv (Plovdiv North junction, km 126 + 281), in the direction to Plovdiv - from 18.00 to 21.00;
· Hemus Motorway, the section Sofia (km 0 + 000) - junction to the roundabout with road I-4 (km 87 + 800) in the direction to Varna - from 18.00 to 21.00;
· Road I-1, the section Blagoevgrad - Kresna in both directions - from 18.00 to 21.00.
- on 6 September 2021 and on 12 September 2021 on the following road sections:
· Trakia Motorway, the section Plovdiv (Plovdiv North junction, km 126 + 281) - Sofia, in the direction Sofia - from 16.00 to 20.00;
· Hemus Motorway, the section roundabout with road I-4 (km 87 + 800) – Sofia in the direction Sofia - from 16.00 to 20.00;
· Road I-1, the section Blagoevgrad - Kresna in both directions - from 16.00 to 20.00.
The driving restriction does not apply to motor vehicles transporting perishable foodstuffs and goods under temperature regime, livestock and dangerous goods (ADR).
There are also road sections that are temporarily closed or restricted for certain categories of trucks because of road construction or maintenance works, or bad weather conditions. All such sections are signposted. Please, advice your transport operators to pay attention to road signs because entering a temporarily forbidden road section is considered as serious infringement and is sanctioned with:
- a fine of 300 BGN;
- driving licence withdrawal for 1 month.
TOLL SYSTEM IN BULGARIA
List of the self-service terminals
DRIVING RESTRICTIONS FOR 2020